Here's a step-by-step manual how to install the RMS2 shop.
1. General Requirements
1. Apache Web Server 1.3 or higher with mod_rewrite enabled;
PHP 5.3 or higher (max version 5.6);
functions enabled: exec(); ini_set();
modules: curl; mysql (or mysqli);
mysql.allow_persistent = On
mysql.max_persistent = unlimited
mysqli.allow_persistent = On
mysqli.max_persistent = unlimited
constants: allow_url_fopen=true; safe_mode=false;
directives: memory_limit = 128MB or more; max_execution_time = 60 or more; ability to run PHP via CLI.
2. MySQL database server 5.0 or higher with ALTER Privileges.
interactive_timeout = 300 or more;
wait_timeout = 300 or more;
max_allowed_packet = 128M or more;
3. HD space usage: 1GB in standard configuration; 100 Gb to store the screenshots local copies.
Having shell-access to your server is recommended but not necessary.
Note: If your hosting is not matching the above requirements and therefore not proper to run the RMS2 feel free to consider our affiliate hosting Loyalty Program.
1. Installing RMS2
1. Access your affiliate personal area from mytemplatestorage.com using your affiliate login and password.
2. Navigate: Presets => Preset Settings and add a preset (if you're installing the RMS2 for an existing preset you should skip this step). This added (or chosen existing) preset will be used to manage the RMS2 settings and will be tracking the visitors and sales made through the RMS2 shop shopping cart.
3. Once a preset is added click 'Edit' below the added preset name:
4. You're now on the page to edit the RMS2 preset settings. Here you can only choose the RMS2 shopping cart and checkout pages settings and also set the shop currency and language. This is because the shop other pages are located on your server and therefore are not managed through the affiliate admin and preset.
5. Navigate to Other Settings.
6. In Other Settings you have the options:
- add the shop URL (if not added when creating the shop preset); the URL should be exactly as http://www.yourshop.com/ or http://yourshop.com/ if your shop domain is without 'www';
- set the RMS2 shop language by choosing the language from the 'Language' dropdown menu or leave English (set by default);
- set whether to display the adult templates category or not (disabled by default);
- to add an external custom css to customize the RMS2 shop shopping cart, special offers, and checkout pages style. You can specify the absolute URL to the already uploaded custom css in 'Specify an URI of your CSS file for the preset (optional):' field or add the custom css code to the 'Specify an URI of your CSS file for the preset (optional):' field above. There's an already uploaded custom css on our side which URL you can specify in 'Specify an URI of your CSS file for the preset (optional):' field - https://secure.template-help.com/css/preset/custom-css/aff/custom.css. It gives the shopping cart, special offers, and checkout pages the style as on http://www.templatehelp.com/preset/cart.php?act=add&templ=53587&pr_code=jvb9VR3ZlX7h8WX441wDcGmvXp1170.
As you've chosen the settings click 'Submit'.
8. In Ready Made Affiliate Shops (Version 2) scroll down and choose the RMS2 shop preset (the shop display and tracking will be managed via). Press 'Download'.
Following is the video example how to manage Step 1:
9. Unzip the downloaded archive and copy the files to the directory where you are installing the shop.
10. Create a new empty database on server to store the RMS2 data.
11. If you're installing into a subdirectory edit the .htaccess file. For instance, if you're installing into http://www.site.com/shop you should edit .htaccess and change RewriteBase / to RewriteBase /shop
12. If you have shell-access to your server launch the 'diagnostics.php' command. It will do the diagnostics, check the configuration and report errors (if any). Most often errors occur due to the files/directories permissions set incorrectly. In case the files permission is the problem, the diagnostics also delivers the list of the commands to set the needed files permission when executed from the command line. Mostly you will need to change the permission for files in root directory of your shop to "0644".
If you have no shell-access to your server you should set “0777” permission for the data/logs and data/template_c directories.
13. In your browser field enter the RMS2 shop URL and add '/install'. It should be noted that “/install” is not the store file or folder but just a virtual directory to proceed with the shop installation so the shop archive does not contain it.
So in the browser you enter the URL as
http://www.site.com/shop/install (if you're installing into a sundirectory).
From the browser you are taken to the 'Checking requirements' step.
In this step you get tests that your run-time environment should match before you proceed installing. They are actually the same tests as in diagnostics with the difference that diagnostics can be accessed via the command line only.
14. Once the testing is passed successfully there shows a page with the 'Proceed to Step 2' button and the shop parameters displayed in green (if OK). In case there are errors they are either displayed in red or you get an 'Under Construction' page instead.
15. Press "Proceed to step 2".
16.In 'User agreement' you should read and confirm you accept the licensing agreement. If you accept the terms, press 'I accept. Start installation'.
17. The 'Existing setup settings' step is not obligatory and meant for advanced users only. Press 'Proceed' to skip it.
18. Database connection. In this step you are supposed to enter the correct parameters to access your database server. Please, enter:
- Host – the database server address (set as 'localhost' by default).
- Port – the database service port (set '3306' by default).
- Database – the database name (you created to be used by the RMS2 shop).
- Table prefix – the table names prefix. If you have only one database then having a prefix enables you to distinguish between the RMS2 application and other tables. This field is not obligatory.
- User и Password – the database username and password.
To proceed and check if the database settings are correct click 'Connect to Database'.
19. In 'Affiliate settings' enter your e-mail address. It will be used as the RMS2 admin e-mail address. This is also the e-mail the username and password to access the RMS2 admin area will be delivered to. Click 'Next' to proceed.
20. 'Template settings'. In this step you can select the template types and categories you would like to display in the RMS2 store. If you choose to display all available templates you can skip it and click 'Next' to proceed.
Important: if you choose particular template types and categories in this step you will NOT be able to enable their display from the shop admin area once the shop is installed and will need to re-install the shop over again to enable them. So if you're not sure which particular types and categories you would want to display now and may want to change them later we recommend to choose all available types and categories display in this step and manage them from the shop admin once the shop is installed.
21. Installation. In this step you get the final notification before you start installation. When ready, press 'Install'. The installation may take a certain amount of time and it is not recommended to abort it.
22. Once the shop is installed you are delivered the RMS2 update command that is added to a cron job or another scheduler on your hosting to run updates (we recommend to run updates daily). Following video shows how to do this:
Also you are delivered the RMS2 admin access details (username and password):
The just installed shop displays a minimal amount of templates just to show the shop is installed and working OK. Once updated through the CRON command it displays the rest of the available templates including the newest ones.
Following is the video example how to manage Step 2:
Now we can proceed to: customize your shop by using the newest RMS2 Skins.
If you have affiliate questions or issues feel free to contact our affiliate support by submitting a ticket request.